CA shared drive?

Is there a share CA drive / dropbox / something or other? I was thinking it would be excellent if we could share patterns and stuff. There’s some free-to-use stuff online but that kind of thing tends to be fleeting (as anyone who’s tried to follow a 6-year-old link on leatherworker.net knows).

I have a passport wallet pattern I found and I’m going to try to cut an acrylic template for it, since I can think of at least 4 family members who will be getting one (or more) as part of my learning process. :smiley: I’ll gladly share the cut files once I have that done, and may even make an extra set of templates for the cabinet if I don’t waste too much acrylic getting it to cut.

Anyway, I think we could build up a good library for folks to have some projects they could build, and the more people that build from these “standard” projects it’s easier to communicate and understand when someone needs help.

3 Likes

Each committee has a directory on the \Files\committees I would think this would be a good location for that.

2 Likes

It would probably be better to upload them to the wiki and create an index page for them. There is no guarantee that files on a committee drive will not be deleted by someone who does not know what it is and space became tight.

2 Likes

I agree that either the wiki - or just a thread here on TALK (_similar to how we do the “Show & Tell” threads or “Project” threads… You could create a new thread under this “Leatherworking” sub-category dedicated to sharing the patterns and all… You can upload PDF files to the posts, if that’s the format you save them in that is… :slight_smile:

1 Like