CA’s Nasty Iron

I wasn’t paying attention and just marred some fabric with the nasty iron. Do we have a consensus on the best way to clean it? I’m happy to do it. It doesn’t have a coated plate so steel wool? Small caliber weapon at close range? Seriously… it’s not mine so I don’t want to ruin it.

Personally, I’m partial to iron cleaner. Applied with a scrap of old T-shirt.

I’m sorry that happened to you.

It has been awhile since I’ve seen the iron, but I seem to recall that we have (had?) two. I think we should label the two irons - the better one should be labeled and restricted to SEWING only and the other one should be labeled CRAFTS.

I have seen a lot of things like iron-on glue (stitch witchery, e.g.,) being used with the iron and of course, over time, some amount of that crud gets onto the iron. With this approach, maybe there is a chance that one of the irons will be clean enough for people to use it on fabric without damage.

2 Likes

One of them (the nicer one) appeared to be MIA from CA yesterday.

Yeah… the good on one was MIA. I should know better and normally check, but I’m still recovering from the time shift. :stuck_out_tongue:

As a side note, if we get a new iron at some point, can we label it in some way other than duct tape on the handle? Last time I went to use it, the duct was all gross and left sticky residue on my hand.

1 Like

Which one is for applying edge banding to wood? :rofl:

Definitely the one with the brown/scorch marks on the sole plate :stuck_out_tongue: