CA Meeting 2/18/20

Sorry for my delay on this and huge thanks to @dougemes for helping me get everything straightened out on the wiki!

Attendees[edit | edit source]

In Person:

Laura Gonzalez
Laurie Ruggles - Also proxy for Judy Kriehn
Linda Wynn
Mike Collier
Marcia Winer
April Burk
Astrud Aguierre
Paul Wilson
Brendan Crocker
Robert Hines
Steve Wynne
Doug Eames
Jeannie Harwell
Joshua Henningson

Follow ups:
Uline Order approved in December Meeting still needs to be placed – PCard has arrived - Just need to get the list together
We need to schedule another work day and coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator to finish up some projects such as replacing the door frames (need to be trimmed approx. ¼”), putting up the shelves and designing and getting the new bowling table project moving.
Square is up & running
New computers are still coming

Sig Updates:

Sewing:

1. Serger Classes coming 2/29 101, 102 and Tote Bags
  2. VOTE:
    a. Dustbuster for Sewing Room $45 or under 11- Yes 1 - Abstain 0 - NO
    b. Approve up to $400 for Machine Service & Repairs 11 - Yes 1 - Abstain 0 - No

Leather:

1. Need to pick up previously approved purchases (This is now completed)
  2. Table still needs to be broken into a gazillion pieces and transferred to the dumpster. Steve Wynn offered to help John ensure it happens on the next dumpster day.

Dye Sub:

1. Need to vote on the Mug Heat press due to hazy notes on previous months.
  2. VOTE: purchase a new Mug Heat Press for $699 at NBM show 15 - Yes 0 - Abstain 0 - No

Cosplay: Has been adopted under 3D Fab - all equipment has been packed up and moved to the 3D Fab area.

Fiber:

1. Project is coming soon for the big loom!!
  2. A List of supplies will be forthcoming, the plan is that leftover supplies can be used for future classes as well.

Resin:

1. Sig meeting coming soon.
  2. Need to schedule more classes - recent pressure pot class had 20 people signed up
  3. Need to order supplies

We have a new vinyl cutter! Huge Thanks to @mreynolds for putting it together. Now we need to get the software installed.

7 Likes

If you can tell me what brand/model it is, I will update the wiki tools.

Does it replace the Titan 28, or is it in addition to?

It’s a Summacut, I believe model D120.

The donor said it was a Summacut D75R but I an not real certain that she knew.

It will eventually be replacing the titan once we get it completely installed.

I think it’s this

Does it have a stand?

Also, I see that it uses OPOS positioning and has plug-ins for Illustrator and CorelDRAW to generate registration marks. Cool!

1 Like

I have updated wiki tools, including a link to the user manual.

4 Likes

Yes, it has a stand. It is fully assembled in the digital arts room.

2 Likes

Yep and yep. The auto width is fancy schmancy

1 Like

Thanks for minutes. Nice to have SOME idea what’s going on :slight_smile:

What is the status of wide format printing?

I am working on submitting the bid for the new printer to the board for approval.

3 Likes

Thank you for the update! Appreciate all the work you guys are putting in to keep the space going

1 Like