CA March 28th Meeting Plus Notes

Notes are in orange and were written quickly by me.
Action Items:
@Kriskat30 is going to pick out some assorted sewing items for the wall near the new sewing table budget $100
@Nick is going to give us a file to make a wall mounted bobbin holder
@pandabob we are asking for you to hold “teach the teacher” classes to have several people maintain the printers
@CaryF300 Nick {already mentioned} offered a Hottronics (Maxx20- 16X20) for the space to buy at a huge discount (thank you Nick) Vacuum Box approved but waiting on the printer
@TLAR Do you have a vacuum box for dye sublimation?
@bscharff please purchase and install a license of Papakura on the annex computer
The CA Annex is now known as Warehouse 13 - someone please design a graphic for the door
@kyrithia money was allotted to buy fiber supplies
She’s going to work with @Tapper on Ridged Heddle - please check wood behind the rolling carts
@Gus_Reiter interest in RFID for locking up airbrushes and possibly leather cabinet
@missydee1206 voted in as new chair
Mark Reynolds {already mentioned} as Vice - chair

CA Meeting notes.pdf (82.4 KB)

4 Likes

@pandabob - I’m happy to jump in on this. I own my own wide format printer and have done plenty of printer repairs in a past job.

2 Likes

I have many things - but need a definition on what a vacuum box is for dye sub please.

Always happy to help the DMS and esp the fantastic folks in CA if possible.

4 Likes

Thank you, @Nick! A high quality flat press like that will make dye sub so much better, and much more consistent results.

2 Likes

http://www.sublimation101.com/heat-presses/vac-u-press/3d-vaccum-box

1 Like

Cary thanks for the clarification.

That is something I don’t have.

This is what I use at work:
http://www.dkgroup.com/product/4468h-vacuum-press/

1 Like

I love the one that I have. I can do so many different things with it. I’ll have it at the 'Space on Thursday night to help Jeanette with some item, if anyone wants to see it.

1 Like

curiosity led me here

1 Like

That is the one I have. I bought it from Sublimation 101. I’ve done plates, for an event at the 'Space, slate coasters and plaques, and mugs (using wraps), so far.

3 Likes

If you have time, I would like to try a slate - to get some side by side comparisons… :slight_smile:

Do you already have the slate blank?

1 Like

Yuppers, I have two! I might get two more before Thursday ~ they are surprisingly affordable! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jeanette has a number of large coffee mugs and slate coasters to do for Comic Con this weekend, but when all of her stuff is complete, you are more than welcome to take it for a spin.

2 Likes