CA is basically closed today 7/14

We’re moving today, so the vinyl cutter, dye sub, sewing area, and everything else is moving and cannot be used today. Heads up.

3 Likes

It might have been nice to give the people doing classes in CA today a heads up and not let them find out last minute

We planned to have one table open for you by the time your class started. We also had this move planned on and placed on talk for the past two weeks.

3 Likes

Max, they did.

4 Likes

I think he meant blocking off the calendar, or at least that’s where I would have checked for something like this.

When we shut metal for cleaning / meetings we reserve every tool and the room to prevent classes from being booked.

1 Like

CA may or may not be up tomorrow. We need some help re-setting up the vinyl cutter and dye sub equipment.
We also need to move the big bowling table and the high table onto the new room

The hydrauling cart or old automotive skates may help with moving those

1 Like

Amazing volunteers moved the bowling table and big table, and Mark is setting up vinyl cutter. We at least have tables for classes in the new space.
What we need is some volunteers to help us clean the old ca room
Seems we kicked up a lot of dust.

3 Likes

It might have been nice if you had helped move stuff instead of eating the donuts meant for volunteers helping too.

2 Likes

I love the idea of someone waltzing into the midst of the well announced CA volunteering, eating the food for volunteers, walking away without helping, then complaining publicly on talk about how their volunteering got in the way of said person’s class.

Like, that’s just such a perfect picture of the different types of people at DMS.

I say this of course, while not helping with the CA move/flooring myself, and partaking of CA’s food leftovers. I just had the good sense to not complain about it so there’s at least a little moral high ground left up here.

1 Like

I’ve put up a Creative Arts Calendar screen in a temporary location just outside of CA, next to the 45 degree door to Purple. I think the screen will likely end up in the hall just outside the CA area next to the Digital CA room.

I’ve also changed the Calendar designation for the old CA room to be the “Pillar of Solitude” until it has an official name from Education.

9 Likes