Buying a car without a clean title

But would it work for me, is the reason for my query (well, Luke, I guess, in this particular instance, but I was seeking more generic advice for anytime someone finds a similar…opportunity…)
Thank you!

1 Like

Here are 2 actual examples of when it was used:

one of my customers asked me (since I was a car guy) if I knew how to get a title for an Airstream travel trailer. His son bought one as a restoration project without a title…I told him as long as it was not stolen, yes. It would cost about $250 and take about 4 to 6 weeks and require a clear photo of the VIN.

Note - To those that “think” like this guy’s son did, that “restoring” Airstream trailers was going to net huge profits, make sure to NOT buy models 30’ long or larger - as they have a very limited resale market.

He was happy, it was less than the $250 and it took 3 weeks.

I bought a 1970 Westphalia with no title (last titled in Kansas). I went the same route. One phone call, photo of VIN, credit card, clear title in the mail.

3 Likes

And to clarify, in neither of these f’r’instances did you receive bonded title, but clear, clean Texas titles?

1 Like

I could not tell you what a bonded title looks like - I’ve never see one in may hands.

The above titles are clean clear titles from our neighboring state to the north.

2 Likes