Burnout kiln information request

Hello,

I recently joined DMS again, and I was curious if there was a kiln for doing burnouts. If there is such a kiln, what are the protocols for using it? What training is required?

Thanks!
-Reid

1 Like

Yes, Jewelry does have a burnout kiln for casting. What are you looking to accomplish?

1 Like

I have poly cast in investment (I believe gypsum cement), roughly the size of a half gallon milk jug. I also could instead use casting wax/wax resin if poly cast isn’t okay. It’s a type of filament that leaves a clean burn out with no ash/residue. If I could use it for my purposes, I’d also be willing to teach a class on aluminum or copper sand casting (using my own foundry in the spaces parking lot so we don’t have to worry about fire marshal stuff).

3 Likes

I would love a copper Cent acting class I even have a small bag full of copper trimmings from all the copper sheet work I do that I could contribute I just hate to throw them away

What do you mean by copper cent acting?

Pretty sure she just means copper casting. She uses one of those voice recognition things, and it has some big trouble with her accent.

It’s not just my accent my phone has trouble with fairly very clearly stated said words that it doesn’t have in its vocabulary like Broward I rarely I very clearly said Valwood and you can see it decided Brownwood. I’ve got the whole Forest of trees on that one but yes I meant copper casting

1 Like