Building R/C planes class interest

My idea for this is to have classes on each section of the building process ex: Air-frame, or electronics. These builds do entail many steps and I thought breaking it up would simplify it. Does anyone have any advice or feedback?

this might be a good option

Or another option would for people to get their own flite test kit and we could all assemble them. Most of the principles are the same and I have build just about everyone. I am open to both idea just let me know

1 Like

I thought you wanted to have them cut using lasers?

Flitetest offers their stuff as complete kits ready to glue and uses a slightly better than average foamboard, but they also give away PDF’s of their designs.

Yes, we can use those designs to cut the boards with lasers.

1 Like

Yes we can cut them on the lasers. They take a while to cut each one so I could cut them out ahead of time and do one as an example. For the first class we could cut them out and glue it, then the next one we could put in the electronics and tune it.

You could have the class begin on the assumption the students have a plane cut out of foam board, plus electrics and electronics. How they source that is up to them. Maybe a separate class or work session on cutting planes out on DMS lasers - class fee to cover some “good” Flite Test foam board. People who don’t want to do that could buy a kit pre-cut.