Building access this evening

Hello, I just signed up as a member, and I want to stop by and pick up by access card. Will anyone be there this evening (5-6) that could let me in the building?

Stole this from another post:
There’s not always someone at the front entrance monitoring the doorbell. Go around to the back entrance (near the ramp and electric vehicle charging station) and knock on the door. It’s near the lasers, so someone will be sure to hear it and let you in. You’ll have to sign the online waivers on the ipad, if you haven’t already though, so they might bring you around to the front anyway.

I will be there later today not quite that early. I could help you get in and get a badge set up if you can’t do either.

Welcome to the space!!

1 Like

Once you’re in the building activating a badge is relatively easy…

1. Fill out a waiver on the iPad in the common room or the lobby [if you haven’t already done so]
  2. Select a “badge” from the box at the computer by itself on the left side of the common room
  3. At the computer, log into “MakerManager (Badges)” - I think it defaults to that screen
  4. Once logged in to the Maker Manager 3 website, select “My Badges>My Badge”
  5. In the box enter the number on the back of the fob - or [easier] with the cursor in the box to enter the number, scan your badge with the badge reader connected to the computer [don’t hit enter - when you scan it in it will automatically step to the next step, it just takes a second].
  6. Log out and test your badge - cause you’re all done!

You might also add a request in the “Member Access (Green Dot)” part of the forum [Member Access (Green Dot) - Dallas Makerspace Talk] and get your “Green Dot” [the mark next to your avatar] - it will open up the member-only areas of the forum.

Other “benefits” can be found here: New Member 411 - Dallas Makerspace

And if you’re interested in Solidworks - Solidworks Licenses

Welcome to the space.

2 Likes

Thank you both, I was able to get access earlier this evening.

2 Likes