Build your own Arcade Bartop Class

These are bartops which don’t require much space, another option I’ve seen is modify the back so it hangs on the wall at play level…

Wall Arcade.

1 Like

I’m interested. caryatlaserwondersdotcom.

I’ve been getting the word out. This is going to be hugely popular!

I think we may have to do an encore round… or two? gulp

1 Like

How many we lookin at. If a lot, I need to get my kit guy started on the order

So many that I don’t think we can get them all in one class effectively.

I’ve had at least 25 ‘interesteds’ from Facebook alone. Combined with the folks in this thread, we might be around 40. Even if 10 drop out, that’s still 30… probably best to do two rounds.

We need to discuss deposits, etc, with numbers like this!

Do we have idea of how much we are looking at?

1 Like

Right now the estimate is around 400 but I’m working on getting it down

1 Like

I got the email, and the $400 range is good with me for sure. You mentioned after Christmas sometime right?

I also have a lot of other questions. What software will it run? On what hardware? From where will the ROM’s come from?? Stuff like that.

Pi3 would be the easiest, which is included in the 400.00, so retropie emulation station.

Roms, I’m sure cannot be discussed on the forum.

We are focusing more on process and construction.

2 Likes

Understood, that’s all I needed. Definitely count me in please! and I can leave a deposit if that helps since there is so much interest.

I am definitely interested. I have been working on a RetroPie build anyways but I have been struggling with how to get a cabinet started and wired. This seems to have come at the right time!

I’m definitely interested. I have a little RetroPi setup at home, but would like to pick up the skills for arcade work.

1 Like

I did a Retropie with USB controllers just last week when my kids were out of school. I really want to make a bartop

I have an old X-box I might be interested in using but I’m definitely interested in this project. hender99atgmaildotcome. Depends upon timing for me.

What games can you run on it? If Defender is an option, I’m interested :slight_smile:
richwhite316 at sbcglobal dot net

it has the potential to have thousands of retro arcade games including defender

1 Like

Also, if there’s any chance of building cocktail cabinets, that would be cool, too!

1 Like

I’m definitely interested, depending on schedule. If you do two different build sessions, the second (post-New Year) would work better for me.