Build your own Arcade Bartop Class

Anybody interested in something like this? Looking for at least 5 people for starters, this class will be similar to Mitches 3d Printer class, which would take result in your own fully functional bartop to take home.

I am working on parts costs now, but need to know if anyone would like to take this 2-3 day class and have you own arcade bartop when complete.

Once costs are calculated the class fee will be to purchase those parts. Your kit will be delivered to the space and setup for day1 of the class. You’ll put the bartop together, wire it, and troubleshoot while learning what all goes into building bartop arcades.

If interested just reply to thread that your interested and PM your email and I will contact you with more details.

1 Like

Depending upon cost and scheduling I would be interested.

wandrson at yahoo dot com

Depends on scheduling… I’m in.

Oh, and if we’d need to get trained first on the CNC.

nope no cnc training required, i’m gonna order pre-cut kits with pockets. working on a deal with a supplier.

mdf core black melamine, so no painting or laminating required.

To be clear these will have 19" monitors, these aren’t micro builds.

I’m very interested, but excuse my ignorance, what is a bartop arcade?

something similar to this.

3 Likes

Tentatively in.

nullprocessatgmaildawtcom.

1 Like

Do you have an estimated price?

No sir not yet, i’m getting an idea of interest first. From there i’ll be contacting my vendors to see if i can get some price cuts on parts. These will be PI based in general, but can be cross built will a mini itx or an original xbox. If you have those parts laying around that would cut your costs down a bit.

Those that have nothing to start with will use a PI3.

Once the base model has been built the user can modify it and add whatever bling his/her pocket can afford.

For this exercise i’m gonna try to keep costs low and affordable for those that have a genuine interest in owning a bartop.

Oh and there will be options for different designs, once you commit to the class. You will be given a few design options for your kit.

2 Likes

Put me down on the interested list…

I know we talked the other day about it but just saying again- interested. :slight_smile:

mellmrhodes at gmail

I’d be interested in the RetroPi setup portion, I’ve had a full sized MK2 project going for a while at home and the only thing holding me up is configuring the control panel in all of the emulators and the selection menu, it works, but not great.

INTERSTED!!! webdevel [at] gmail

Yep… interested. Always room for a porta-MAME. But what about the whole 4-way vs. 8-way joystick thing?

I’m in, let us know when/where.

Send me your email Ken

If you know you will never play a game with diagonal moves install a 4 way… galaga pacman joust etc.

Fighting games use the 8 ways .

8 ways stink for 4 way dedicated games but will work just not as precise.

Just install the Mag-Stick plus. It’s 4-way / 8-way selectable from the top of the control panel.

http://www.ultimarc.com/store/section.php?xSec=6

1 Like

I would love to build one. However I am not sure if I have the space. Maybe I will turn my kids room into a game room.

That’s an option, an expensive one, but an option.