Build a radio transmitter class

This last seat has been claimed.

Great class tonight, Walter!

Thanks again for organizing this.

1 Like

I also want to thank Walter for a great class and Zack for some great on-on-one soldering instruction. We had some good conversation and a lot of fun making our radio transmitters. Amazingly, almost everyone’s worked the first time. All due, I suspect, to excellent instruction.

It ain’t pretty, but here’s my radio:

12-15 volts of power and we’re transmitting. I used the spectrum analyzer printout as a background.
Thanks Zack for producing the spectrum analysis and Walter for giving it to me.

I’m looking forward to the receiver class.

3 Likes

Glad folks enjoyed the class! Zach took a few photos during class and sent them to me, so here they are!

Had a cancellation for the class on the 20th, so there is one more seat available for that class. Please email me if you want it. wandrson01 at gmail dot com

One more pic of all six folks diligently working on building their transmitters!

2 Likes

Love seeing this going on in electronics. Can’t wait until August 20th to build one!

1 Like

Walter and I have ideas. One of mine is a SWR meter, based on a design off the 'net, for QRP HF (though it is pretty wide-band and can be used up into VHF).

Amateur Radio Makers!

2 Likes

Walter’s class was excellent. Instruction and materials were well prepared. Most of all it was damn fun!

4 Likes

Walter, good to see another transmitter class was a success. Let us know when you want to teach the receiver class.

1 Like

Another build class has been scheduled! The event should be live in 72 hours, but here’s a preview:

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/926

3 Likes

Love it, thanks for hosting. Anyone that wants to put together a fun build I highly recommend this class.

Registration is closed because the event isn’t yet live, right?

1 Like

Correct. Should be live in a day or so. Not quite clear how class approvals work these days…

1 Like

It’s live! 5 spots left…

1 Like

Another successful class: 6 out of six radios working at the end if the night (four on the first go).

Great job everyone!

5 Likes

Will be offering another couple of these classes. One in September, one in October, and one in November.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/3488

1 Like

God Bless Walter, what a wonderful class!

Was an amazing class, considering bringing my 16 year old this time.

1 Like

I thought I had seen a Nov 5th mighty mite class scheduled. After being sure I could juggle everything else around, I don’t currently see it there any more. Is it now on a different date, or pending a new date