Broken Thunder Laser

@Team_Laser, what’s wrong with the broken Thunder laser, Donner, I think? Has anyone had time to look at it?

paging @Team_Laser, @jast
does this need to be an issue/request?

1 Like

@Team_Laser?

Now that I’m consciously thinking about it, seems like Donner is awaiting a new tube of some sort.

Are we waiting on parts, money, delivery?

The new tube is in, @michaelb put that in I believe. We were having connectivity issues with it, and it may need an alignment with the new tube, if it hasn’t already been done.

I believe the issue with the z - access screw is also outstanding

1 Like

There should be a to do list on the back of one of the signs, if they haven’t been lost. The tube is installed and aligned.

The computer is having issues being set up for VLANs, realtek drivers aren’t the most cooperative. Additionally, an ammeter should be installed and the tube current checked, since this is a new brand of tube and we need to make sure it’s not being overdriven in heavy use. That should be all that’s left.

If anyone wants to fix the Z axis, please do, but it’s lower priority since a lot of jobs can be done with just the lens tube adjustment.

@michaelb I tried to look at the VLAN issue, but it’s not connected to the network so I couldn’t log in.

Hmm we’ll have to add that to the list, since that computer should be connected just fine. You’re more than welcome to poke around (it should be plugged in to a switch with the other 3 computers) otherwise I can look later this month.

I believe infrastructure has a local admin to rescue it if all else fails.

Yeah, I tried moving it to another port on the switch, and I can see the lights flashing like it’s supposed to be working, but there must be IP Settings that are incorrect or something like that which would prevent it from talking to the DMS domain.

If you can get me local credentials I’m happy to take a look another look at it.

Sounds like something might have gotten screwy with the vlan config and it can only see the machine vlan, which doesn’t have access to ad.

@Team_Infrastructure looks like we might need some help with the problem computer again.

I’ve fixed the connection.

Fun fact, the Ruida controlled does NOT support changing the subnet mask, even though the thunder control panel makes you think it does. It is hard-coded to 255.255.255.0

Donner’s computer is 192.168.202.236, and donner itself is 192.168.202.237. When connecting you’ll need the IP address.

VLANs are not active on the switch yet, though we’ll want to. Next time I’m in I can configure the others and do proper reservations on the dhcp server.

Couldn’t figure out what the Z-axis needed, I got no responses when mucking around with it.

Think I got distracted and may have left the bed and front panel off – I didn’t see the comment of most jobs being capable with the tube adjust. Next time someone goes by feel free to get that back on and run the amp test on the tube.

2 Likes

Awesome! The switch local to laser should be set up for some vlan tagging, fusion is on its own vlan and the fusion computer is configured with two virtual interfaces, one for the machine and one on the default vlan for other traffic. We don’t have a DHCP server on the machine vlan at the moment.

The Z axis needs the rear left screw replaced since it’s rusted solid, the stepper driver for it is unplugged at the moment.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

When I logged into the switch it didn’t have any VLANs going on – wonder if they got turned off or reset at some point when folks were debugging. I know it was driving me nuts as to what was going on with it! I could ping it, but it just wouldn’t see the UDP connection from the software (even pulled out some packet tracing).

Also, if that network connection gets weird again, you can activate the wifi from the login screen so that you can at least log in. However, hopefully we’re not all trying to edit the network settings and maybe that stops happening :wink:

2 Likes

@Team_Laser Is there an action plan to fix the unleveled bed on the Thunder?

Note that Thunder Laser “Blitzen” is down as well. Throwing a “Communication Error” when attempting to download file. Does anyone know what the IP for Blitzen is?

Just to make sure I understand, is it throwing the communication error when trying to send the file from the computer to the laser?

Also, are you using LightBurn to send the files?

Yes, I reported it a few days ago. Me and another member were trying to send jobs from RDWorks, but couldn’t get it working. We’d try to download, and immediately get a communication error. Blitzen doesn’t have an ethernet cable (that I could see at least), I’m pretty sure it just uses a USB cable to connect. Someone commented on that report post that Lightburn doesn’t work either.

Ok, I’m heading that way to see if I can sort out Blitzen. Hopefully I don’t need admin credentials.