Bright Fluorescent T-Shirts in 2019

There are only a couple committees where there are more than 250 users - and I’m going to speculate (unencumbered by fact) that even in those committees there are less than 250 regular users.

People tend to get most familiar with the people who participate in the same committee areas. I don’t think there’s any shame in a gear head not knowing the name of everyone in Creative Arts.

So, in order to move forward with a constructive solution, what is the “problem” you’re trying to solve?

2 Likes

Community and security.

2 Likes

Anything mandatory will not be popular.

For those wanting or willing to wear one, some kind of a standardized look will go a long way to making them easily recognizable.

Provide design files for making them with the various tools we have: laser, 3D print, MultiCAM, dye sub, etc.

Give people some freedom to make them and this can become a contest, who can make the coolest tag.

For the children…

1 Like

Attachment options are NOT the problem.

A mandatory badge/nametag/etc is the problem to which I object.

The “problem” you are trying to solve is not a problem to me. I’m an introvert. A certain anonymity is a very good thing as far as I’m concerned. Trying to force everyone to know everyone else falls into the same bin as the very worst of party games to me. I hate party games.

Same thing as the new open floor plan concept. See “Open office floorplan”. Terrible idea.

As far as “community” - that has to be organic. Try to force it, and you WILL break it.

Perimeter security is fine. I have a key fob. We’re moving to using that mechanism to access certain equipment. Also fine.

Nothing beyond that is needed.

4 Likes

I’m with you. They gave me an instructor badge. I rarely ever wear the thing.

1 Like