Bridge City Joint Maker Pro

@SWA

I’ve got a line on a used one. Do you think the space could use this?

1 Like

I’m not the right Bert to ask. You want Burt @SWA

1 Like

To-mae-to, To-mah-to.

No wait!..scratch that…i’m withdrawing it and changing it to A Bert by any other name would smell as sweet.

2 Likes

Looks interesting. What is the use case you have in mind.

Michael_Lawson DMS Member
January 26

@SWA

I’ve got a line on a used one. Do you think the space could use this?

Bridge City Tool Works

JMPv2 Jointmaker Pro v2

What is the Jointmaker Pro?The Jointmaker Pro is nothing more than an adjustable back saw in a frame. Rather than the blade moving forward and backward as is typical with every handsaw in the world, it is held in place and the stock, rigidly attached…

Price: USD 699.00

Looks interesting - blades are 50 dollars each, but you have to buy 3 at a time…
I know those that Kumako folks would probably Love it…

how long do you think it will last up at the space.

2 Likes

Yeah…Independent of any other considerations (floor space, maintenance, training, long-term durability, actual need, etc.), the accessories and replacement blades are prohibitively priced. If this used offer comes with everything needed that would make it useful, then maybe worth a hard look (depending on the price offered and condition).

1 Like

I know I would love to use this tool. I think it would be awesome. I think it would appeal more to the members who enjoy using hand tools. I know there is a lot that dont. Maybe it would stay in good shape for that reason. Lol. Seems like it would be an excellent tool to have classes on. What is the price on the used one?

2 Likes

It is gently used. One\Original owner. I’m getting pricing…

1 Like

I would tend to look at this as a highly specialized tool that would also be fairly sensitive to non-optimal use, resulting in regular breakage or greatly reduced functionality.

Unless it was startlingly inexpensive, I’d personally prefer the funds be used to purchase a replacement for existing tools that are at their end of serviceable lifetime (drum sander) or to maintain functional uptime on more general purpose tools (Sawstop cartridges/blades, Felder filters, Festool sander backer pads, etc).

2 Likes

Space. Where would this go? Until and expansion of Wood Shop actually occurs, floor space is at a premium.

1 Like