Brake Job Advice

OMG you rock! 20 char

3 Likes

He was referring to me earlier Daniel when he said Justin in reference to checking what brakes they are. I will be up there in about an hour if I had to guess.

I figured it out after a PM from TLAR, boy is my face red.

My reading comprehension on Friday after work aren’t what they should be.

Mine is shot after this week…I’ve had four Ferraris in my shop this week.

4 Likes

and not one phone call.
not even a text…
:wink:

3 Likes

He didn’t say the Ferrari were automobili…

1 Like

Well after a good check over the brakes we have found @tombakerftw does not need new brakes. He has over half life left on the front brake pads and over half life left on the rear shoes. The rotors and drums are in good shape, he did in fact have drum brakes in the rear. The starting issue for all of this was some brake squeek so I recommended a good spray down at the car wash after 10 mins of sitting time to let them cool off to avoid warping the rotors in the front. The rotors were a little heat worn but not enough to warrant a brake change yet, no hot spots or streaking in the surface from excessive heat.

@TLAR you can cancel the parts will call as they will not be needed for now or likely for a while.

6 Likes

Thanks justin!
I’ll call the warehouse and cancel the order later this morning when they’re open & I’m more awake.

3 Likes

Ferrari 70th anniversary…

The artwork is not a print, it is an original commissioned by a French artist. This is one of two images - the other arrived yesterday.
Finished size is 56"×41"

8 Likes