Brake Bleeding Help

Hello,

Would anyone have a method to bleed brakes. The equipment in the garage isn’t working. I could really use the help.

@Team_Automotive

What method are you using?

I used a tube and plastic bottle. had someone pump the breaks. he said that the breaks were good, but i top off the break fluid. Was I wrong?

In the good old days, That was the method. The thing to look for was that there were no air bubbles coming out when the brakes were pumped. You didn’t mention that part, and that the outlet valve was tightened. I was always told to tighten it WHILE the brake was being pumped. That insured no air traveling back from the outlet valve. After that, you checked that the brake fluid in the reservoir had not dropped so much that air was introduced from that side. Then you topped off the fluid. Bleeding the brakes is all about eliminating air bubbles in the line.

1 Like

Tighten it while the brake pedal was being HELD DOWN.

“Pump! Pump! HOLD!”

3 Likes

IMO, that’s just generally good life advice.

2 Likes

That is very important the other party knows that too. I had a very long night 15 years ago or more, trying to get the person helping me bleed brakes.

That was me two days ago. I came in at 5pm and didn’t leave until 12pm, but I still have the soft brakes. I’ll be there later today to try another attempt.

1 Like