Bottle Opener Class is up [Aug 19, 2018, 11am]

Want to make one of these? Go sign up!

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/6997

3 Likes

Hey Steve @Lordrook, do you know offhand how long it takes for the Lathe “completion” to migrate through the system? I ask because I tried to sign up for this course and it says I need to take the Woodshop Lathe Basics prerequisite, which we only did yesterday.

Thanks again for the class!

Rich

I’m not 100% sure, maybe a couple of days. I bet @StanSimmons would know.

Immediately after the teacher marks AD Attendance.

Thanks Luke! I did mark attendance yesterday afternoon after the class was over. I’m about 98% sure that I marked the class would qualify for the lathe usage prerequisite too.

There are two tabs for Attendance. Attendance marks for Honorarium, and AD Assignment for AD Group assignment, after a student is “Okayed” on a class. Your AD Assignment for yesterdays class is empty, you should be able to fill it in today.

2 Likes

Ahh, thank you Luke! I will go fix that.

Ok Rich, I updated the correct check box. You should be good to go sign up now. Sorry about that.

Got it, thanks! Appreciate it.

How in the world did you manage to put a link to the class in the title like that?

Go to class details. Copy URL.

Pro tip: the numbers at the end are the unique identifiers for the class. These are the ones the bookkeeper references.

2 Likes

it was unintentional but now we all know its possible!

This doesn’t answer the question of how to get it to show up in the title, like so:

and/or so

So I’m still scratching my head @Bill. If John’s explanation did it for you, please let me know (PM is fine if I’m really the only person here who doesn’t understand…)

1. Paste the link into the title
  2. Add your body text
  3. Post the thread.
  4. Edit your title to remove the link and change the text.

It will add the link if the link is in the title when you post it. But then you have the text of the link in the title, so edit the title to remove it, but the link will stay.

3 Likes