Borrow Nintendo Switch with Breath of the Wild for Akon

Hi all,

I am doing a link costume from breath of the wild and would like to have the shiekah slate be more than just a simple clear screen. I could make an LCD panel, but I think it would be cooler to use the switch as the sheikah slate instead. The only problem, although I have the money I have to spend it towards textbooks and a new laptop. So, does anyone mind me borrowing their Nintendo switch for Akon. I can pay for a replacement if it somehow gets broken during the convention.

2 Likes

The problem with this is that last I checked, if someone let’s you borrow their switch and it gets broken they lose their BOTW saves which is a huge time investment. Unless Nintendo finally fixed this? I won’t even travel with my Switch, not even just for the car, for this reason. Have you thought about a Google Nexus phone or tablet?

Nintendo has decided to treat digital downloads like physical copies. Lost one are not able to be replaced by cloud saves.

That’s a really expensive way to make the slate, why not scale it down and then put a pi in it with a camera? It could actually do some of she shieka slate stuff. I could give you a file to work from to add the edits to

1 Like

That was my original thought, the problem there is that I’m missing the LCD panel. I know tanners has LCD panels, just not sure about the price of one. Although it is cheaper to the switch relatively.

A file would be great. Already working off a time crunch with everything I have to do besides the costume.

What are the requirements of this shiekah slate? Tanner sold an LCD screen for the Arduino for under $10. The screen is about 2" by maybe 2.75".

They also had several sizes for the Pi, ranging from $20 something to $40 something. Those can do video.

Thank you. I don’t have a screen for the pi yet so knowing they have some at tanners is great.

You can also pick up several different Pi compatible screens at Micro Center.