Board of Directors Meeting 2018-12-17

Hey everyone! Reminder that we have a board meeting next Monday!

When Mon Dec 17 7pm — 11pm
Where Lecture Hall

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20181217

2 Likes

Cutoff for Agenda items is 48 hours in advance; i.e., Saturday 12/15/18 at 7:00 p.m.

(edit added with Board permission)

0 Likes

Actually that is for consent agenda items. New business can be added at any time. Unfortunately they have been added in the past during the meeting :frowning:

1 Like

48 hours for all items.

1 Like

The cut-off time for addition to or revision of the consent agenda items is 48 hours prior to the meeting.

There’s never been a cut-off for new business, though for long meetings we have opted to table items that were added just before or during the meeting. You’re likely thinking of the member meetings which have a cut-off for all items.

0 Likes

No I am not. This has been in place for two years.

1 Like

I would suggest updating the meeting template to reflect that then, it currently only shows a cut-off for consent agenda items.

4 Likes

The reasoning behind this is to make sure the directors have plenty of time to study the agenda items. Last minute uninformed decisions are detrimental to the space.

0 Likes

I get that, I’m the one that came up with the 48 hour rule to begin with (it applied only to consent agenda at that time). I’m saying y’all haven’t changed any of the text for the meeting template on the wiki. As it stands, how would a member know not to put agenda items in new business?

1 Like

Understood. I will speak to the board about it.

0 Likes