Blue Angels will fly over Dallas

This is special even if you just get a 30 second view!

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to get a little closer look from the roof of the 12 story building I’m working at.

3 Likes

Aw man! I was hoping for that, but I haven’t found it readily available to me today…

The last time I saw them I was on the top floor of a 6 story building on the Lake in Cleveland, OH. It was majestic to see them blasting in from the shore, but couldn’t really hear anything…

“HUH, what’d you say?” Lol. I’m in a relatively loud mechanical room, so I will already be prepared for them.

1 Like

Apparently I’m not the only one with that idea.

4 Likes

Ended up with little sound, but we did get to see the color dump over Frisco and the turn over Lake Lewisville. My video is crap (as expected) and no pics…
But glad I went. There was about 8 of us at in a culdesac with about 270° view, so not bad.

If this is Dallas did SWAT arrive to break up these distancing scofflaws!

2 Likes

It’s okay, the pilots have masks on. :thinking:

6 Likes

I wonder how many patients were saying “Where did my Nurse go?”

nah, they’re all in induced comas and intubated.

Blue Angels - Background Story

I knew a guy that was in the Navy and his duty assignment was ground crew for the Blue Angels. He was the avionics technician and took care of all the instruments and radio equipment on the aircraft. For 3 full years he never got a weekend off, all of their public performances were held on weekends. There was a Crew Chief that was in charge of the entire aircraft, he was an enlisted guy, not an Officer. All pilots, no matter which aircraft, will walk around the aircraft prior to take-off to inspect everything. Not the Blue Angels. Every move on the ground was choreographed. The Pilots would stand in front of their aircraft for photo ops then immediately get inside the plane, no check flight, just start her up and go. No walk around inspections either. The Pilots trusted the Crew Chief that the aircraft was ready to go. The Pilots really respected and trusted the enlisted maintenance folks, they had to. If one of the ground crew or pilots wore sunglasses, then they all had to wear identical sunglasses. If during maintenance he got any dirt or grease on his uniform he had to change it. A typical work day used 3 sets of uniforms. They had a huge C5A support aircraft that went wherever they did with all the spare parts, tools, and a complete machine shop. They also had a spare aircraft.

2 Likes

I’m all for a good show, but DFW medical first responders would probably appreciate a $100 donation of PPE more than $300 million worth of airplanes flying overhead. PPE > Publicity stunt.

Bah. Humbug.

I guess my point is that the Dallas Makerspace did more for these people by lending our our 3D printers and Richard’s donation of masks than the federal government did by flying planes overhead.

2 Likes

There’s enough room in my thanks factory for all contributions. It’s not a zero sum game. In fact, it’s symbiotic; the pride we feel grows bigger than it proportionally would for any one of these contributions as we engage in the others. The Angels were flying somwhere today; I’m proud the metroplex got to be a part of their experience, and especially proud that we’ve heard from so many “front-liners” who were able to enjoy the experience.

3 Likes

I went to Southlake Town Square and went to the top of the parking garage. A lot of people there, but plenty of room to spread out if you wanted to. It was the perfect place with an amazing view! Shame it only lasted a few seconds. This is one of many pictures I took.

7 Likes

Plus, the Blue Angels were available. More PPE may not have been.

Gotta have some circuses with your bread.

2 Likes

You always have such great stories. Have you ever considered writing a book? An anthology of all these cool short stories would be awesome.

5 Likes

My wife and I were walking the dog this morning, everybody in the neighborhood was outside waiting for the Blue Angels to fly over. I met some of my neighbors a few streets over that I never knew. As the planes flew overhead I saw an elderly gentleman salute the planes. I struck up a conversation, he was a WWII Army veteran and just had his 97th birthday a few days ago. I told him not to go anywhere, I went home and drove my 1931 Ford Model A Roadster over to his house. As a birthday gift I gave both him and his wife a nice ride in the old car. He is 97 years old and the car is 89 years old…close enough. They were too feeble to get back in the rumble seat like in the old days…a courtin’ and a sparkin’. He had owned one of the Model A’s many many years ago and this brought back some good memories. This was a pleasant surprise for him…and I made a new friend.

13 Likes

My high school CC coach used to chat about “sparkin’”…
Also an Army vet.
Long passed from this world, unfortunately…

3 Likes

I wonder what they were spewing in those chemtrails and if it was activated by the 5G towers…

:crazy_face:

4 Likes