Blacksmithng Committee Minutes

I’ve published last night’s meeting minutes here: Log into Atlassian - Global Site

If you want to get involved with blacksmithing here are three events you might be interested in:

Blacksmithing area work day September 11th at Noon
Blacksmithing open forge (not yet on calendar) September 25th at 9:00AM
Next blacksmithing committee meeting Octber 4th at 7:00PM

3 Likes

Migration from the wiki makes it significantly less convenient to read meeting minutes.

5 Likes

I believe this is the new method for reporting minutes and has been for a while.

\ 45x45 TJSmith Board of Directors; Secretary
July 18

Hi Dan,

I saw you posted Blacksmithing minutes as a comment on the Source page.
First off… thank you for posting them!!

I created a minutes page for that meeting and copied them there.
https://source.dallasmakerspace.org/display/BSMITH/Blacksmithing+Meeting-2022-06-28

This is pretty easy to do… if you go to the meeting notes page, there is a button to press to make and link a sub-page for each meeting.

Link Here:
https://source.dallasmakerspace.org/display/BSMITH/Meeting+notes

[

](file://dms-discourse-static.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/7/5/759b1f6cc888346ace1d2615f36ee38693fff586.png)

Cheers,
Jack

2 Likes

That may be, but it is not as convenient.

It may or may not be intended, but a potential member cannot follow the affairs of committees as before. DMS governance is definitely less open than before.

1 Like

I would like to see this more open, too. The ability to follow along in “the business” before becoming a member is a big part of what led me to becoming a member. The open-ness of the org is one of our biggest assets, and closing off of information is our kryptonite, despite the (debatable, but all sides have merit) need to “upgrade” our file and record keeping.

1 Like

Is Source on one of the drop-downs from the Member Portal? Is it part of Confluence? We older folks expect a button that we can click.

1 Like

as of this moment, there is at least 1 menu choice for reaching confluence (aka “source”):
The Member Portal menu:

That was kind of what I was wondering. I’m not sure that I’ve heard it explicitly stated before that Source is a part of Confluence.

Maybe that line should be expanded to be “Confluence/Source”? Certainly that would make it plainer to folks who’ve been told to go to Source, and haven’t had it explained that first you click Confluence.

1 Like

Hm. Yeah. Well, “source” is the name of the site; it is confluence (the software running the site). I don’t know if we’ll ever have another instance of confluence running, so we should really change it to “source” and refer to that only, since that’s the face of the product.
Not my decision to make, though, and attempting to herd the “call it confluence” cats back into the bag, not in my job description nor interest set…
So I’ll suggest instead we smarty-pants learn that when a fellow member says “source” or “confluence”, they mean the same thing, kind of like Talk vs. Discourse…

1 Like

At least we do not have another entity called Concord to add to the confusion.

1 Like

I posted last night’s blacksmithing minutes here: Log into Atlassian - Global Site

Based upon this advice we are going to buy the kiln from Shawn and send an invoice to [email protected]. @Shawn_Christian you may want to prepare a bill of sale/invoice we can submit on behalf of blacksmithing.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Financial_Policy_Manual#Board-set_allocation_and_authorization_limits

I posted Tuesday’s Blacksmithing Committee minutes here: Log into Atlassian - Global Site

2 Likes

I posted last night’s (2/21/23) blacksmithing committee minutes to the Atlassian site. You can find them here: Log into Atlassian - Global Site

We had a good group of six attendees.

3 Likes

I posted last nights committee meeting minutes here:

https://source.dallasmakerspace.org/display/BSMITH/Blacksmithing+Meeting-2023-03-21

2 Likes

I posted the most recent blacksmithing committee minutes here: Blacksmithing committee meeting minutes 8/22/2023 - Blacksmithing - Global Site

2 Likes

I posted the most recent blacksmithing committee minutes here: Blacksmithing Meeting-9/19/2023 - Blacksmithing - Global Site

It is a bit of a delay but here’s the Blacksmithing committee meeting minutes from October Log into Atlassian - DMS Source

1 Like