Blacksmithing Classes and future plans

Classes take 72 hours from time they are posted to populate. Just keep an eye out for it! Also, if you miss the class just let us know so we can get you in the next time. Furthermore if for some reason you keep missing, PM one of us and we can see what we can do.

2 Likes

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Class_FAQs

Thank you for posting this link

1 Like

Definitely would love to host a knife making class, or a intro class. I was aiming for the end of june since Iā€™ve got a wedding out of town I need to do middle of June.

2 Likes

We need to get together with Joe (or just you and he) to talk about the particulars like what you need, time of day etc. I donā€™t know if the next committee meeting is too far away to do it at so let me know and we can figure it out.

Maybe we could meet up this weekend? Iā€™ve got a good idea of what Iā€™d be doing/teaching.

Unfortunately I cannot but I donā€™t know about Joe. I will reach out to him to come look at talk

Is there a time that would be good for you? My schedule is fairly open

I am available to meet up with you tonight

A million and a half apologies. This thing doesnā€™t notify me and I get wrapped up in other stuff until I head to bed. Iā€™m free anytime till next Wednesday, Iā€™ll likely be free from the afternoon onwards.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Tuesday!

Since it is already fullā€¦ please let me know next time. Sounds like a great class.

I plan to TRY to teach it every Tuesday at 7:30PM. Iā€™ll put the next one up soon.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just put up another blacksmithing tools class for June 7th at 7:30PM. It should show up about this time 72 hrs from now. @badgertide

1 Like

New majestic forge @8psi

6 Likes

Now we need to make a stand. Iā€™ll bring my infrared thermometer to the next open forge and we can see what the temp is.

Youā€™re both right: honorarium classes paid to the instructor(s) take 72 hours. Non-honorarium classes take 48 hours. Classes are not ā€œapprovedā€: itā€™s management by exception. Classes which are not disapproved go live once the time limit expires.

The latest qual for blacksmithing equipment class is up: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar

1 Like