Blackout Poetry class?

Would there be interest in having a class to illustrate and practice Blackout Poetry? I have done this myself and would enjoy sharing it with others. I would provide everything (books and various types of markers) and the class would be free to anyone. Thank you.

3 Likes

I’d never heard of it, but after a quick google, I’d like to have a go at it.

Well, this isn’t garnering a great deal of excitement. :slight_smile: Perhaps I will try it in a few months. Tom, I would suggest you go to a Half Price bookstore and select a book that you won’t mind tearing pages from. If you are a book-lover like me, it took a long time for me to do this. :slight_smile: Since you have looked it up, you have a general idea of how it’s done. I’d be glad to meet you at the space and we can have at it ourselves. Just let me know what you prefer.

Sounds good. I’m out of town most of next week, but will do that and get back with you to make a plan. Thanks!

Is there coffee and bongo drums?

If yes, I’m in. If it’s just Redacted Poetry, meh…

I saw the best XXXXX of my XXXXXXXXXX destroyed by madness, starving hysterical XXXXX,

dragging themselves through the XXXXX streets at dawn looking for XX XXXXX XXX,

angelheaded hipsters XXXXXXX for the ancient XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX to the starry XXXXXX in the machinery of XXXXX

1 Like

Perhaps some pic of your work will generate interest. Or schedule a Demo?

We do have a lot of new potters that are always eager to learn new techniques.

Happy Potting!
Anita

@meanbaby

Poetry, not pottery. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha, I am so over worked right now my mind is mush… vacation starts Friday!

I’d be down

This seems cool!

I’m so glad you all are wanting to try this form of poetry. What I find most interesting about this poetry form is that you can take an ordinary page from a book and turn it into something artistic, expressive and uniquely you.

I have to go on a brief trip and upon my return I will set up the class. Please note if you have any days that are better than others.

@friendswithdogs, @tomthm, @bilbo, @Russell_Crow, @meanbaby (you should join us!)

1 Like

I can hear Emily Latella now:
Oh…poetry. Not pottery? Well that’s different. Never mind.

Just saw this…would totally be down for playing with Blackout Poetry! I dabble in a lot of free form and find this method to be pretty challenging and yet rewarding. Would be fun to see what everyone else comes up with too!

Though I have a hard time defacing books, haha, so I’ll have to pick up something from Half-Priced or Good Will so I know it’s at least lived its life as a book first and can now become something different!

Ok… I will get this scheduled. I think it is going to be very interesting to see what we all come up with. I’ll bring plenty of different kinds of books so we can go off in as many directions as we want to. Thanks for all the responses.

1 Like

The class is up on the calendar now. https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/13996

@tomthm, @GeekGoddess, @Russell_Crow, @meanbaby, @friendswithdogs, @bilbo

Even if you aren’t sure this is for you, it might be fun to check it out. I didn’t think I would enjoy woodworking as much as I do, but I took a chance to see what it was like - and found that I was hooked.

Blessings, Carla

1 Like

Looks good! I might be a little late depending on after-work traffic but I should be able to make it.

1 Like

Thanks for the notice on Talk. I just signed up, and look forward the class.

1 Like

Awesome! Can’t wait!

1 Like