Black Walnut​​​​

I just felled a ~14 inch Black Walnut tree. If you want a chunk let me know and I will set some aside. Will deliver to DMS.

3 Likes

Would love whatever you can spare and even willing to pick up.

I would love to have some of this wood. Let me know when you get it here. I’ll be happy to help unload. If you’re close, we could help load too.

1 Like

Me as well. Let me if/know how/where i can help…have chain saw, will travel!

2 Likes

I would like a piece if there is any left.

Don S.

I will be at DMS tomorrow night around 20:00 for a class. I will bring some of it with me. If I can find a reasonable place for it in storage or the woodshop I will leave what I bring.

If anyone wants to call dibs on a specific diameter this would be a good time to do it! :grin: There is a high probability I will keep the single largest piece for myself.

The tree was not well so some of the wood is damaged (bug holes; discolored) but there is also some that is flawless.

I will take some but I don’t think I’ll be able to get up there tomorrow night. If you throw one on a storage spot with my name on it, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

I think a this tree is moving to DMS and forlks workshops

what are the largest dimensions? like could I get a 2"x20" round slice or close to it? if not, anything I could cut 2"x2"x20" pieces.

Uh, well, given the diameter of the trunk is ~14 inches (see the original post) I’m going to have to go with “no”. (Unless you meant 20" circumference.)

Yes.

1 Like

@Brian if there are a few long (24") straight (ish) branches around 4 to 6 inch diameter??

Ideally with nice bark, I plan on making some live edge coasters etc .

I’d love a piece of this. I’m looking to make a new pepper grinder and this would be perfect!

1 Like

Definitely. Will you be at the space Thurs PM or Friday PM? Happy to help unload, stack, etc.

I should be over there tomorrow evening. I was going to come this evening but I pulled something in my neck last night and today is going to be rough.

Very difficult to make a pepper grinder – or anything that you need to be able to depend on wood not moving – from green (i.e. freshly downed) wood. Kiln dried stock is almost always the way to go with something like this:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?120119-Do-you-need-to-let-pepper-mill-wood-dry

2 Likes

I’ll put my name in the hat, too.

Also interested

20 characters

cool, I messaged you, let me know what we can work out, thanks!

Change of plans. Family emergency. I will bring the wood in the next hour. Pictures attached.

Everyone still want some?

I know I do, I am on my way to the space.