Biology Basics Course

Hey everyone!
I am REALLY excited to announce this course. Starting Wednesday, June 21st I will be teaching a 7 week lecture series covering the fundamental concepts of biology. This is geared to people with little to no science background.
I will be uploading powerpoint presentations before each class and there will be an accompanying textbook to supplement the material covered in class.
The class will be modeled after a community college introductory biology course without the pain of homework and exams! I will also try to add some demos so it’s not just me talking for an hour.

If you have any questions or concerns, please message me! If you want to attend please RSVP on the calendar!

7 Likes

sound like a great class!!!

I see on the whiteboard by science area a bunch of classes and says “see calendar for more info”. However, the https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/ doesn’t seem to list any of these (e.g. Biology basics, Materials science, Lab cough syrup, etc.)

Where can I find the more info and sign up? @Ashley_Newland are you the one still running the “every Wed 7pm” biology basics class? Is this part of the 7 week series, and could you join at any time, or does a new series start on X date?

I have particular interests in (excuse the non-scientific descriptions):

• Detecting items in water (the new spectrophotometer? copper, lead, chlorine, TDS)
  • Measuring bacteria in water
  • pH measurement of water samples, and pH adjustments for specific water experiments