Big Thunder malfunction: stuck on X axis

I was using Big Thunder this afternoon, and it malfunctioned. I made one pass of my design, and it worked fine. When it finished, I pressed ‘start’ again and it began a second pass. About halfway through, I noticed the laser head was not moving on the X axis: it was cutting a deep horizontal groove into my wood! I pressed pause, then start again, but it was stuck in the same spot. I tried to look at some settings, but I don’t know what I’m looking at. I had to leave to pick up my daughter, so I just took my wood and I’ll have to figure something out.
But perhaps someone smarter than I can address this?

I believe there is a switch for rotary mode that disables one of the axises … I’m not certain which …

Calling @Team_Laser

Moving to Issues & Requests … EDIT: cancel moving because no green dot

1 Like

Were you doing some engraving? If the laser thinks an axis hits something too hard, it disables it until the machine is restarted. A raster is more likely to hit the limit.

Short answer, try and restart the machine (laser, not computer).

2 Likes

@evebutterly Very odd, esp as you already ran a pass and it cleared any possible obstacle.

This switch disables the Y - Axis to rotate the rotary motor, not the X - Axis :-/

1 Like