Big Thunder Low Water Waring

Big Thunder has a low water alarm going off. How do we add water???

There’s probably a leak, since the machine should not be consuming water. Adding water will fix the symptoms, but might leak more water everywhere. High voltage electronics + water = bad.

Please let someone from team laser investigate before using the machine or putting it back in service.

Thanks, sixvolts, will do. BTW do we have any lenses? All three lasers are down now. Two need a lens.

There’s a box of them in the black and silver cabinet. Someone with training will need to install them.

Is someone installing them incorrectly or turning off the air assist? We should not go through them like candy.

My laser is still on it’s first lens.

Thanks, Tom is here. How do we get into the Black Box?

Leak was on input tube on back of chiller.

I reseated and tightened, filled with water, verified tube filled without bubbles, and ensured leak was fixed.

Lens was also rediculous dirty. Cleaned.

Machine should be good now.

4 Likes

DMS eats laser lenses. It seems to be a combination of needing more training and users who think it’s someone else’s problem.

Runtime + Wide variation in skill level + inconsistent/non-existent pre- and post- job optics cleaning = lens replacement churn.

And Laser churn.

2 Likes

so what I’m hearing you say is you you have a working laser I can borrow anytime I want! thanks man you’re the best!!! :wink:

5 Likes