Big price jump on Coleman 1 pound propane

I wanted to stock up on fuel for my Big Buddy heater. A few days ago Walmart and Target had two packs for $7.39. Today the internet Walmart price is $8.88 and Target is unchanged. I went to Target with the link handy on my phone. The register showed $9.95 but the clerk looked at my phone and fixed the price. I would expect Target to update their web page soon… and probably many other items as well.

1 Like

Get yourself a 1LB refill valve and you can refill them from your 20LB propane tank much cheaper.

Add DMS to your smile account and we get a small percentage when you purchase it too!

6 Likes

I noticed that when we went camping in October. Looks like a global demand increase likely due to pandemic. They are speculating that the more people stay at home, the more propane is used in some areas for heating, and greater use of gas grilling with fewer folks going out to eat.

2 Likes

Great suggestions, @TSki . I actually have a similar adapter that I purchased last summer but have not used. I wanted to stock up to have a number of bottles to refill. We have an RV and I brought a 30LB cylinder to town to be ready.

You can get an adapter to run from a 20lb tank to the 1lb size. Especially for the Mr.Buddy. So essentially you can use your 20 lb tank with the equipment that uses the 1lb tanks.

2 Likes

Yeah – about the same price at WinCo (maybe more because their’s is a single). AND it was one per customer. I picked up one, and I’m hoping that there’s not a long string of super-cold days this year.

1 Like