Beware, even when it appears to be perfectly safe

Maybe the lesson to be learned here is that you don’t always need your damn phone…

It’s a sad lesson, but Darwin shows no mercy

News was still a business back during those simpler times. Where there were orders of magnitude fewer outlets and a much more … monolithic … culture. Since then technology has exploded to make for so many more venues chasing a smaller slice of that pie.

There is probably money to be made selling a gizmo to check adapters for exposure to the mains.

Socket testers are pretty cheap. The same technology can be used to check both sides of the USB power cable against all two or three prongs of the plug.

1 Like

In my day we used carrier pigeons … provided we hadn’t eaten them because we were so poor.

Of course my parents couldn’t understand why Satan’s seducer - the TV - had such a hold on us. Which of course in their day Satan’s seducer was the radio … they even had them cars! Oh the humanity, talk about distracted driving.

I do agree, a cell phone in tub does seem a bit much.

3 Likes

Don’t talk to me about distracted driving. Some idiot ran a red light (@20-30 mph over the speed limit) and sliced the front of my car off last week. Before then swerving and going through a brick wall…

It is truly a shame we have created so many safety features in cars to prevent natual selection from doing its job to improve the species…

1 Like

Said natural selection is not consistent on who it selects - sometimes it’s the moron perpetrator, sometimes it’s an innocent bystander.

True, but on average when allowed to function the species improves. But the reality seems to be, from my observation of American drivers, is that as long as one or more of the participants in vehicles dies, then at least one of the morons is dead and unable to continue breeding.

Yeh, I barely felt the impact since it was in front of the frame. If I hadn’t seen him and stopped in time, the force that went through the brick wall would have hit me directly with nothing more then a little fiberglass to protect me… I was lucky.

Sadly, because of labor costs and overseas markets for the wrecks, the insurance company has declared my car totaled… I find it sad that cars have become disposable commodities.