Best way to sell beads?

I have a insane amount of beading materials. I’d like to sell some of the things we can’t use at work so I can get tools we don’t have. What’s the best way to go about that? Etsy? Garage sale? Ebay?

Obviously I’d love to use them up in wire wrap classes and such but it’s YEARS worth of classes :laughing:

There are good fb groups where bead selling in whatever lots you want in a thing. Any material. Usually paid with PayPal. Read rules on how process works. That’d be a great outlet for what I suspect you have.

I might have, ahem, spent a little too much time in those groups from time to time :slight_smile:

If you’re moving on natural stone beads, pearls, or austrian crystal (not czech crystal, or glass/plastic), lemme know what you have (pm or in person). I could be interested in some.

1 Like

They all came in untagged as part of a donation from a retiring bead person so I don’t know entirely what everything is. I just know theres a ton. I saw natural stone things in the mix and it all seems like decent quality crystals but I can’t vouch 100% since I usually don’t bead.

I believe I’m just going to bring up all the ones I don’t see being good for our projects and people can take what they want and leave whatever they feel is fair if they think they got nice stuff or plan to make money from it. I’ll get as much sorted as I can and bring it in for the wire wrap class

2 Likes

I can help identify stone beads
Sounds good (bring to class)

1 Like

Haha identifying stone another time? It’s a truckload of bits. Quite literally.

1 Like

From my experiences with online selling:

• Etsy tends to be best for creative and fully made one of a kind items

• Ebay for after market and garage sale stuff that doesn’t sell on Craigslist

• Craigslist is best for things that you sell at a garage sale

• FB and Reddit selling groups are ok but tend to work best for driving traffic to your storefront (what ever site it is on)

• Finally Amazon and Farmers markets are usually ones goto for crafting supplies these days.

If you may have some Abalone, Pearl, or Cowrie Cowry then I’ll be interested in buying a bit from you.

It all came in untagged so I can’t guarantee but there’s definitely freshwater pearl looking ones and intact tagged strands were found marked that way lol. After a super quick sort it all seems decent to good quality beads and base metals

1 Like

I’ll be bringing up a sampling of crystal bits and will gtab some pearl ones too on Tuesday

What type and color of pearls? full or partial strands?
I believe I have at least 6 boxes of pearls, not full

with my limited vision, it will be hard for me to use them