Been Wanting a Serger Class? November 9 at noon!

Need to get certified on the serger? Need a serger project day? Saturday is your day then! Astrud just posted these so it takes a few days to appear. Serger 101 class followed by an Open Serger Work event. Put them on your calendar!

Saturday, November 9th, noon - 2pm
Serger 101

Learn how to set-up and use the Brother 1034D Serger. This is a hands-on class, after this class you should be comfortable using the machine on your own.

We will demonstrate cleaning, threading the machine for a 4 thread overlock stitch, and adjusting the tension on the serger. Each attendee will then be expected to thread the machine on their own, and stitch several seams while adjusting the tension to get the best results.

We will be moving around some in the classroom plan to be on your feet for much of this time. Bring glasses suitable for a distance of 3-4 feet if needed.

** NOTE ** Feel free to bring your own serger that you are wanting to dust off and thread along.

Saturday, November 9th, 2:30pm - 8:30pm
Open Serging Workshop

Working on a serging project and need feedback? Have some Zombie projects you need to put to rest? Practice altering a few sacrificial t-shirts or clothing items before committing to the real alterations on the serger?

The Brother 1034D machines will be set up and available for serging.

The beanie and tote bag plastic templates will be available for use on your own fabrics.

I will also have additional machines on site or feel free to bring your own serger to work on.

Have questions? Feel free to email Astrud at flyingprintmonkeys at gmail.

4 Likes

Thanks for notifying everyone! I get asked about these a lot!

Could you update the title to include the date/time of the class?

I’ll be on a camp out, but I’d love to take this whenever it is held next.