Become a 3D Printer Maintainer!

Are you tired of trying to start a 3D print only to find broken machines?

Do you like to tinker and fix things?

Are you willing to commit roughly 30 minutes a week to fixing broken 3D printers?

If yes, then the 3D Fab team could use your help!

We’re assembling a small team of maintainers for the PolyPrinters, the Prusa i3s, and the resin printers. The 3D Fab maintainers team will receive official maintenance training from PolyPrinter.

Reply here if you’re interested in volunteering.

7 Likes

Count me in

2 Likes

With some heads up I can help too.

2 Likes

Sounds awesome. I have a DMS credit card so I can also order spare parts if we run out. When’s training?

2 Likes

I asked about this a while back, I’d love to help and am sorry I missed the meeting

2 Likes

I’m interested. Looking forward to the training.

2 Likes

I’d be down for that. It is always annoying when I get there, and five of the six ones are down

1 Like

I’m willing Evan

2 Likes

I won’t commit 30 minutes a week, but I’d like to learn bed leveling and nozzle maintenance on the Polyprinter so I can help out when it’s convenient for my own printing needs.

I’m not sure if that would make me a candidate for the Maintainers Team or not.

Actually, since so many have their own printers at home nowadays, this type of general set-up and/or maintenance knowledge seems like a pretty good opportunity for a (semi) regular 3D-Fab class offering. Maybe with the Polyprinter Basics/101 class as a pre-req? (although maybe not… I suppose people could make use of class even if not checked out on our local printers?)

1 Like

I’d like to learn to maintain the 3d printers.

I’m interested.

1 Like

I am willing to help.

1 Like

I’d like to learn, and maybe we can finally convince someone at poly printer to help us set up a Prusa/Cura profile and ditch kisslicer

3 Likes

I am interested in supporting this effort. Will be out of town June 11-23.

1 Like

I’m interested also and can help with maintenance.

1 Like

I’m interested

1 Like

Seconding this one. If we can get that we can go over to the Prusa slicer for all our FDM printers

1 Like

I am in! When would this be? My summer is filling up fast but the mroe people that can do this the better.

Jules

1 Like

I’m late to the party but I would also be interested in volunteering.