Beadmaking classes on calendar Friday

Hi all I just setup the next round of beadmaking classes for October and December including the first ever Beadmaking 201 class - Stringer, Lattacino, Filigrano and intro to Murrini on October 18th.

They should all be on the calendar for selection by Friday.

thanks and see you in Glassworking!!!
Sean Ellwood
[email protected]

4 Likes

I can almost SMELL the fresh-from-the-oven sourdough…
wait, what? Not a pirate event?
what does that mean?
OOOOH. No AAARRRR…
Sigh.
Lampworking is cool, too…:smiley:

4 Likes

Jast … Find me a pirate bead picture and lets make some pirate beads!!! I am up for it… Plus eating the bread…
Sean

2 Likes

Query:
Does Makerspace have the annealing kiln that you put your beads in (on their rods) immed after making them?

Or am I thinking about a different glass bead making process?

I used to take lampwork (?) bead making class at the Craft Guild. I still have tons of my glass rods left. Enjoyed the making. Would like to continue if my glass rods are compatible with the equipment and process avail at Makerspace.

The space has a small chilipepper kiln for annealing off the torch as well as a few standard kilns in the back for batch annealing. Kilns do not care what glass you use, I was recently using up a ton of my small rods making beads and so I was annealing soft glass and boro at the same time. As for using old rods there is no danger unless you have a mix of COE’s and do not remember which rods are which. If so then you would need to do COE pull tests to determine compatibility but that is normal.

Currently we have 1 surface mix nortel minor torch and several mapp torches. You can barely do boro work on the minor and not at all on the mapp. If you use any of the soft glasses COE 90 and above the mapp torches work fine just slower.

If you are an experienced lampworker and just want to get checked out on equipment we can arrange something…
Let me know if you have any other questions
Sean

1 Like