Bandsaw status?

Are all three bandsaws still currently down? I have some last minute projects I was hoping to complete Sunday (12/12) evening but didn’t want to make the trek unless I knew I was able to cut some pen blanks.

I checked the tool status board, but it doesn’t seem to have been updated in a while, and I know there’s been some talk in the Requests/Repair headers about the saws.

TIA

Let’s tag @team_woodshop. Yeah, both the Jets seem to be at least slightly dysfunctional. Nothing new on the other one. Sometimes those get fixed and the fix is unreported…

I’m an idiot - I know better than forgetting the tag. Thank you for the help.

2 Likes

Fixed, tuned, and cleaned the bandsaw near the door this evening. Just needed a bit of elbow grease and actual grease for the bearings. Had a heck of a time finding the right tools, but I’m still getting acquainted to the space. Didn’t check the tolerances for resawing, but tested it with some scrap plywood. Cheers.

5 Likes

@DigitalDoyle and I just cut over 20 Pinewood Derby cars on the two Jet bandsaws and they worked flawlessly. Thanks to whomever maintained them last. The blades were sharp, the cutting smooth and easy and the results more than satisfactory, at least to all of the cub scouts.

8 Likes