Bandsaw blade length

Anyone know what length bandsaw blade each of our saws use? I want to stock my own blades and try to resaw 1/8" veneers on the large saw.

142" on the big bandsaw and 106" on the smaller delta. Can I ask where you buy your blades from?

2 Likes

I have historically bought blades directly from PS Wood or Laguna for my big saw. I am going to order a 142" Laguna Resaw King for the large saw after I look at the guide system better to ensure it will track. I have one for my LT18 in St Louis and it cuts beautifully, I upgraded to the Laguna ceramic guides which helped a lot also. I want to resaw some wood I brought down and don’t want to waste a ton on poor cuts. In my experience a good blade is the difference between 3 slices or 5. I don’t expect it to perform as well as the LT18 but it should be close.

For green wood I always use 1/2" 2 or 3 tooth. These are great because you can resharpen them with a chainsaw chain hand held grinder. For cutting out bowl blanks you don’t have to worry about fixing the set on the blade just resharpen and reuse.

3 Likes