Badge Access to HAAS

Hey, my name is Joel Thompson, and I was hoping that I might be able to get badge access to the HAAS mill.

I have a year and a half of experience working on a Tormach at work, I’m fairly handy at SolidWorks and I’m quickly learning HSMWorks. I took the CNC class at the Makerspace a while back and completed my domino. In addition, I had about 10 hours worth of supervised (@frank_lima) , hands-on time with the HAAS this past Wednesday. I know how to navigate through the menus, clear errors, and fix the issue when the automatic tool changer gets stuck.

I’m asking because during my supervised time I milled the first of six delrin plates that I need for work, and with my schedule the way it is right now, it’s hard for me to plan supervised access to the mill.
I’d appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Supervised? When I talked to you at the HAAS Frank wasn’t in the building, he had left for dinner.

That said, there is currently no chair and you will need to wait about a week for a new chair to be elected to ask him.

Frank and Morgan came back with dinner from Wendys for myself and him. Frank watched me set up the mill, reviewed my program, we demo’d the program with a 2-in z-offset from the material to ensure that it was working properly and wasn’t in danger of crashing, and he watched and advised me while I used the control panel. The entire program was four hours long, and it did the same task 200 times in a row. I stayed by the mill. Frank may not have stayed by side the entire time, but he was never far (save when he left to bring dinner back), and never out of contact with me. I was there from around 3:00pm to past 1:00AM. I didn’t do a single thing on the HAAS without first consulting Frank. I believe you and I only spoke for a few moments.

I’ll wait till next week if necessary. I just thought I’d ask.

1 Like

This reminds me that I need to get the new chair and any of his/her designees trained in how to add badges to the system.

4 Likes

Hmmmmmm… thoughts on helping me clean out the HAAS :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: