Automotive Repair Bay Etiquette

Let me start by saying that I’m not upset - in fact, I suspect that someone had a 1 hour job turn into a 4 hour job and when they were done they were exhausted, dirty and in a hurry to get home.

For whatever reason, when I arrived this morning to use the lift, there were a lot of tools laying about - I found tools on the rolling tool caddy, various tools left around on several benches, a socket wrench on the floor under a bench, tools on the wire racks, spray cans on the floor and a used oil filter left on the bottom of the rolling oil drain pan.

I cleaned up everything (except the oil filter - I don’t change my oil here, so I don’t know what the procedure is for used filters). With the exception of the oil filter, no further action is needed, but please try to leave things nice for the next user.

Phil

14 Likes

THanks for posting that Phil.

Automotive will review the camera footage…

4 Likes

Thanks for cleaning up, and sorry for the mess! That was a friend of mine and new member, I’ll make sure we get it cleaned up better next time and i will take care of the filter

3 Likes

Please pass on the message that any adult cleans up after themselves regardless of time or circumstance. New member or not; how anyone over the age of 12 would think that’s acceptable is almost incomprehensible.

2 Likes

Thanks!
:blankspace:

4 Likes

That very last wrench is my bad. I was on the floor with some tools and must have missed it when i cleaned up :scream:

4 Likes

Phil, thanks for taking the time and effort to make DMS a better place than you found it. And more importantly, for taking the opportunity to “pass on the message” with a positive example a person can learn from. You showed them that Maker Space can teach us in different, unexpected ways.

6 Likes

You’re awesome for cleaning that up and thank you for taking the time to write a constructive post that teaches something and helps more than just the person involved but the general community as well. Kudos for not just tossing up the pics and attacking/belittling/complaining about it.

4 Likes