Automotive Lift Training and Certification

With whom do I need to connect and what training/certification is required to use the Automotive Shop Lift and Auto Shop facilities? When is the training and certification class available, or is it one-on-one? Is there an extra charge to use this?

2 Likes

@Tlar is the Auto committee head.
He will be able to answer your queries fully.

1 Like

Will,

Currently there is a one time fee of $20 for the training for the lift we have at the Space. It is payable to the AUTOMOTIVE committee (it does NOT go to the instructor).

Lift training requires common sense and about 20 minutes of time.

I’ll be up there Sunday evening after 1930hrs (730pm) and most likely the same time on Monday. If one of these times doesn’t work for you let me know.

I am not the only Lift instructor - there are a handful that can give you or anyone the training.

I’d suggest wearing clothing that you don’t mind dirty - oil, grease etc.

3 Likes

I’m also interested in taking automotive 101 and car lift training/certification, but I don’t see any of them available in the upcoming events. Is there someone who could teach/certify me on this some time soon? Much appreciated!

@TLAR I am interested in taking car lift training. Please let me know if you are available for training for this sunday (20th Oct)