Automotive lift sign-off

I want automotive to sponsor a nice wench =) Preferably in time period correct garb.

If we put a pulley at the ramp, then switch to the vehicle at the top of the ramp, it wouldn’t drag or be too high for the vehicle.

I know, pipe dream.

How about a “mule”? Something like this thing

they use to move shopping cart herds about the yard. Modify for a push bumper, and/or with tow hooks. Could even be a custom construction so it’s easier to store around here…

I’m here, and will be for quite awhile.

A core drill and a recessed anchor cup would suffice and not be in the way when not in use.
The wear and tear from the cable dragging on the floor would be minimal based on how little it would be used.

1 Like

We could do a roller fairlead at the peak to keep the wear down.

1 Like

Where cable does drag across the transition from floor to ramp and most likely to abrade the floor, a small sacrificial plate could be set down a roller on a pad that can be moved out of the way.

Perhaps 2’ wide in the middle of the ramp, a single roller fairlead could be permanently embedded into the concrete at the peak of the ramp to transition form the slope of the ramp to the flat Bay Area where the cable will ride on.

Now that this thread has gotten off topic, Mr. Kerensen stopped by and was trained on the lift. He was also instructed on proper procedures for spills, and used liquids.

He dropped the 20 bucks in the CA drop box.

@TLAR

3 Likes

I’ve added John Kerkensen to the Auto Lift list

2 Likes

I’m glad it was John, if there’s another Mr. Kerensen, it would be odd that he’s a member of DMS as well.

Dang how did autocorrect get both of my posts, and my snarky comment isn’t nearly as funny when I misspell his last name both times.

I should edit the posts, but I’m going to leave it as a reminder of stupidity when typing on a phone keyboard.

2 Likes

“If you make something idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot.”

3 Likes