Automotive lift sign-off

My husband is a member and works when the lift classes are taught. Is there anyone available to sign him off on the lift this Friday or Saturday?

If he can get in touch with @dallasmagna or @LukeStrickland, either of them can teach a one-off class for the lift. There is a $20 fee that can be paid by cash or check at the time of the class.

2 Likes

@TLAR

:blankspace: :blankspace:

1 Like

I donā€™t have the trust level to message anyone.

Iā€™ll be at the space on Saturday, and I can get him the training he needs.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. What time?

Iā€™ll be there most of the day. As long things go as planned, Iā€™ll be there from around 11a to 7p. We will be working on a green miata in automotive, just ask for Jason.

Iā€™ll also post in this thread when I get there.

1 Like

Big reduction ā€¦ 1 year ago I paid $50.

1 Like

Under new managementā€¦

2 Likes

Some folks are just really good at putting the ā€˜Dictatorā€™ into the ā€œBenevelont Dictatorā€ ā€¦ :sunglasses:

1 Like

I can be there Friday evening after 7pm

FYI: There are at least 5 other folks that can show folks how to use the lift - it isnā€™t rocket science or brain surgery.

1 Like

I changed it to $20 ā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks, he knows how to use it, but wanted make sure he follows procedure.

As someone who has used the lift many times, itā€™s basically idiot proof :slight_smile:

I will be at the space today and tomorrow. I will be in automotive until 830p or so. Tomorrow, Iā€™ll be around most of the day.

You One Percenter Early Adopters are subsidizing the masses. Or something like that.

2 Likes

Itā€™s called the ā€œRobin Hoodā€ mental disorderā€¦ but at least I helped one Auto Chairs dreams come true!

After pushing the miata up the ramp for the umpteenth time, Iā€™d love to make a wench dream come true =)

Haha ā€¦ I think the lift training needs to go back to $50 for awhile ā€¦

How much Do we need for a nice ā€˜wenchā€™

Iā€™m all for wenches.

However, a winch was discussed at one point with proper anchoring being an issue. Even with the low rise angle of our ramp, the cable will drag heavily on the floor unless it is mounted above the level of the shop floor. This would require something to be movable by the average member yet secure enough to be safe while dragging a vehicle up or down the ramp.

3 Likes