Automotive Classes - S. Bay in Use - 3/17 and 3/24 6PM

Hi all!

@FairieCyanide has graciously offered a truck up for our first foray into automotive maintenance. (THANK YOU!)

We’ll be using the non-lift side of automotive (truck is too heavy for the lift). I’ll post some signs to make sure we have the bay.

It should hit the calendar soon, but there should be a good number of spots. Let me know if there are any questions!

4 Likes

It’s good to have the classes not on the lift. Most people take the lift for granted (me) and forget how to work on cars on cold, hard, cracked concrete. If you can fix it in your driveway, you can fix it on the lift!

2 Likes

I have changed my oil and filters before on several cars but am interested in the second class. Do you have an issue with me joining the second but not the first?

Not at all! I should have been more explicit, but I didn’t make them linked for a reason. My plan is to turn this into a recurring get-together if it works out, so the more the merrier.

1 Like

Hi guys, is the class really full? In the event page is not clear.

1 Like

While I’d normally say the more the merrier, I’m actually about to cancel the classes given new guidance on gatherings of people. Teaching automotive work necessarily means being in very close quarters as the example we were going to use required us to be underneath a truck together.

I am still very excited to teach this subject matter and I will put up new classes as COVID-19 news becomes clearer.

If anybody has upcoming work you would like guidance on please let me know and I’ll help out where I can.

Thank you!
Justin

3 Likes

You should limit your class in size to 3 or 4 max.

You’re welcome to do so for your classes.

I do limit them.

I’ve held classes many classes in automotive in the past

Good to hear you are open to suggestion!