Auto Lift Training - $50

I am hoping to get over to my storage for a transmission jack for use under the lift - maybe later in the week…

4 Likes

Just now seeing this thread and the 6,000 lbs rule.

All this time I’ve been chomping at the bit for access to the lift and I can’t even use it.

Just my luck… :frowning:

1 Like

Is the class for the 10th pushing thru?
Thanks

Class on the 10th is scheduled.

2 Likes

Bump, the next training is this saturday morning, to pay the one time usage fee online (in person also works):

I just tried to sign up for the lift training on Saturday and EventBrite says “You do not have permission to sign up for this event.”

I’m not sure if there is a mismatch between my DMS and EventBrite accounts or maybe the class is full…

I have to attend Saturday classes because I’m always out of town during the week for work. Can anyone help me get enrolled in this class or point me in the right direction?

Nevermind. It appears that the link is wonky. I clicked the link for the last class and then clicked Brandon’s name to see live events. From there I was able to enroll.

I previously pasted in the wrong link(admin page instead of actual page), the correct one is https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dallas-makerspace-auto-lift-training-tickets-18920750474

Any idea on the next one?

I can probably schedule one this next week or two give me till Thursday to reply with a date.

I am also interested in attending a lift training.

I’d like to attend. Next week I’ll be there Monday 7-9pm for the class I’m giving, and then for the regular member meeting on Thursday. Perhaps during open house and that can be a talking point for the tour guides?

I am interested in the lift training also. Can you schedule one in the next couple of weeks?

Sorry for the delay guys I have been quite busy at work. At this point it will be January before I can do any training, I am working 7 days a week right now at work for the holidays.

Sounds good, I’ll be looking for it on the calendar. Would you also post it on this thread too, just in case? Thanks.

I’d also be interested in the Lift Certification class.

Can someone tell me the reason for the rule of only lifting a vehicle you own? I was excited when we got this lift, but not being able to use it on my gf’s car, friend’s, etc significantly reduces it’s utility to me.

1 Like

There’s a rather lengthy discussion surrounding automotive classes as well as the lift usage here.
In a nutshell: the insurance DMS has been able to find prohibits anyone from working on an automobile which is not their own. This is extended to the lift, as well.
Lots of rumors surrounding all this, but at the end, this is where it lies.

1 Like

That’s too bad, figured there was a good reason though. Thanks!

1 Like

Is the lift even back in action? Garage door fixed?

1 Like