Auto Lift Training - Anyone Available Thur-Sat?

New member here!

I need someone to run through the car lift with me either on Saturday this week December 28, or Thursday or Friday.

Saturday would have the added bonus of getting to check out my friend’s Delorean. Not sure what exactly he wants me to look at on it, but probably nothing major.

Let me know your availability if you’re willing! Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news: You can only work on your own/families car. Friend would need to join.

1 Like

Aw dang! Makes sense though. I’ll have to go back and read the rules.

I do still want to be able to use it though - I’ve got brake jobs and oil changes coming up on mine and my wife’s cars.

2 Likes

As points of reference, another member is also seeking lift training in, I think, roughly the same time-frame, and some of the responses to this inquiry might be applicable:

and

1 Like

Being able to work on your vehicle at DMS: indoors, climate controlled, well-lit, wide array of tools available, and people willing to help is an absolute bargain. I personally believe using Automotive is the single place where you can save multiple months of dues in doing your own work (easy to know what the having it done price vs doing it yourself).

Of course you also get all the others things DMS has to offer at no additional cost! Welcome to DMS.

4 Likes

Too bad about that Rules proviso, the Temporal Security SIG would love to get at look at that Flux Capacitor.

4 Likes

Yeah man. Hit up Jim. I’d be down to share my training. Anytime Friday is probably the best day for me.
@hon1nbo

Has this lift training already been completed? If it hasn’t I would like to join in.

1 Like

That session has, but I can do another one. I’ll see what my schedule shapes up to be, but my guess is Friday or Saturday

Of course any of the other instructors may be able to beat me to it.

-Jim

Friday evening and any time Saturday would be perfect.

If at all possible please let me know when you might be doing it on Friday/Saturday, I’ll make sure to be there if you’re able/willing. Thank you!

@acousctics1 @Spacemunki289 are you two available at 8pm tonight?

-Jim

Jim,

I’ll be sure to be there at 8 p.m. Thank you for taking your Friday evening for this.

Andrew

alright, I’ll be there.

Ensure you have $20 cash for the lift training, and a vehicle of yours there to lift. We’ll drop it in the finance box when we finish the training.

Will do. See you there.

@acousctics1 @Spacemunki289 due to the weather, and a member working on their transmission, looks like we should reschedule.

Let’s try for sometime tomorrow. I’ll reply back with a time

-Jim

Any idea of what time?

I’ll be around in the morning for a meeting. Maybe just after lunch (1pm?) will be available for it. However, since this isn’t on the calendar it will be assuming the lift is available.

@hon1nbo - I’ll be around tomorrow in the early afternoon, if you’re still around I’d love to get in on it as well. If not, then next time. Thanks!

Sounds good over here.

Andrew