Attention Dallas Makerspace Members

Look, I can’t tell if you’re making fun of me or not. I am not entertained by this topic and I feel very strongly that no one needs to contact me in ways that I don’t make available to them.

Oh, I’m definitely making fun, but definitely not making fun of you. Sorry if it was construed that way.

Keep doin’ what you’re doin’ and thanks for what you’re doin’!

3 Likes

I don’t care what the “intended purpose” of using my personal info is, no one has a right to that info, and frankly I’m concerned for my safety that this is even a topic of discussion.

2 Likes

Sorry I snapped at you. It’s been “hurry up and wait, now hurry up and move now hurry up and wait over there” all week.

3 Likes

No problem! Sometimes the smartass arrow hits the wrong target, it’s a hazard I have to deal with. :smiley:

3 Likes

All I got to say is …

5 Likes

As David has laid out in the thread in DMS Members-Only, there is no provision in Texas state law to opt out as a voting member. Making contact information available to other shareholders for the purpose of the election of directors, shareholder initiatives, and proxy votes on the aforementioned is universal for purposes of corporate governance.

The quibble is going to be over how much information should be released to whom under what circumstances.

Still at it, I see.

Plus, Nick’s well-written post is restricted content. Gosh I hope it was brilliant.

You left out “and beg the membership to pay for my personal vendetta because a previous Board banned me and I’m still pissed off about it”.

Just for completeness.

7 Likes

Tapper, we could be setting a better example for future disputes by disuading personal attacks.

Avoiding the return of an authoritarian, ban permissive leadership culture is exactly what we should be avoiding.

Attacking me just gives me cooler battle scars.

Thanks for everyone’s support. I’ll take the beating so you won’t have to.

1 Like

Sometimes that is exactly what is needed.

4 Likes

The title of your post does perfectly describe what you’re looking for here.

2 Likes

This should be in Members only I think, not General. Oh, and I’m muting it because I’m not donating and apparently can’t opt out either. But I can mute the thread!

Be careful down the rabbit hole!

3 Likes

Yes you can … just don’t open it, read it or post in it…:wink:

These types of threads are what people mean when they say “my enjoyment of the Space goes up when I do not go onto Talk”

12 Likes

I am a non voter by choice for this very reason (easily changed if I deem it necessary). I do NOT want to be contacted or bothered by good or ill conceived organizers to oppose or support a board of leaders. Should I decide to do so… I have the intelligence to know I need to get involved OR simply cease membership. I DO NOT want ANY information about me to be disclosed… In fact… I refuse to give Social Security numbers to health care providers because it is none of their business. So much more an organization of people loosely gathered to share information and tools. I am here for the tools, camaraderie and useful information I get from the space… SOMEONE has a personals vendetta I think… I am NOT interested. These grandiose claims of harm because of a duly elected board of people smacks of someone with a chip on their shoulder, a probable issue or a power hungry wannabe bureaucrat. My apologies to the board if they think I am targeting them… I am rather targeting those that seem to be trying to seek information to form a power block. The originator of this thread may take that as they choose. Do NOT contact me… Do NOT bother me… as SHERK said… I like my privacy. BUT… I WILL be watching.

2 Likes

Examine this thread and you’ll see that all the negativity expressed, all the personal attacks, all the bitterness and hate, all the childishesness, all the bad feelings, and everything that gives Talk the reputation it has, is very much one sided.

Yet, I still love you all, and I love Dallas Makerspace.

Fwiw my information is public record because of where I work. Any stakeholder has the right to request it under Open Records. There’s a form we do at the beginning of the year that we must fill out to redact info like our home addresses and contact info outside standard channels like work email. The reason for protecting that level of information release is all over the board including

The least likely…witness protection people
The sort of likely…I don’t want my house robbed because someone knows my exact whereabouts or have a raging stakeholder beating down my door whenever they want
The most common…victims of domestic abuses who relocated and for their own safety can’t be found

First thing to establish is if as a nonprofit open records applies. If so, then the form must be provided because without it release without a chance for redaction is grounds for a very large lawsuit

3 Likes

I thought I recalled that the voting list was reset to zero after each board election, and one had to make a written request for voting rights again.

Wouldn’t that mean there’s basically no list to be had?

4 Likes

I personally don’t know you very well, and didn’t know your history with the space until recently. I have only observed your behavior at meetings and via this forum in the past few months. I haven’t once attacked you personally, only the ideas and suggestions you’ve made.

With that said, I have only seen suggestions that I disagree with, and some that were downright inflammatory in nature.

You can claim that all of this behavior is due to personal attacks and the history you have with the space. While I agree that you have friends and you have some people that may not enjoy your company at the space, I can’t agree that threatening a lawsuit against the DMS is the best course of action.

No matter the history, no matter the current state of your relationship with the space, no matter your relationship with the people at the space, I can only say that I have seen what I would consider temper tantrums and ideas/behavior that do not make the space excellent.

I hope that all of this is just a rough patch for you and the space. I’m not suggesting we have a campfire, sing kumbaya, and just all get along. I just hope that we get to building things and making the space better for current and future members.

We may disagree in the path to making things better, but hopefully with the number of intelligent people concerned with the space, we move forward as best we can.

7 Likes