Article: More Than A Hobby: Millennials Find Meaning In Making

“Making is a form of creation that is deeply connected to meaning, whether that be driven by an artistic desire or drive to help solve a problem. The foundations of “maker culture” fueled by millennials focuses on informal, shared learning experiences driven by passion and creativity. A combination of factors have spurred the maker movement’s growth, led by millennials: democratization driven by the internet, the rise of social media, and increased access to new resources and tools, such as a 3D printer.”

“More Than A Hobby: Millennials Find Meaning In Making”
http://the-m-age.com/2014/12/more-than-a-hobby-millennials-find-meaning-in-making/?utm_source=Outbrain&utm_Contently

I have a borrowed copy of Shopcraft as Soulcraft I’ve been meaning to read. There is something to be said for finding vocational fulfillment, mastery of a craft, and creating things. One will not always find this fulfillment through employment, thus what I’ve heard described as the “Bohemian” approach (work to make a living, engage in other pursuits for meaning) is something that many are learning.