ARTEMIS SBS Builders’ Thread

@otto1 I world totally take you up on that deal but I don’t know eagle! I have managed to stomp my way through design spark once or twice though. Maybe we could find a teacher?

Made some great progress this weekend. I’ve successfully controlled NeoPixels with DMX!! Woot!!!

Adafruit_NeoPixel library does not play well with others, so there are have been a lot of barriers and workarounds. Thanks @Darcy_Neal for the support!

3 Likes

I’m realizing I need some help. Will anyone be available to help wire these babies up?

My stuff came in - it’s Christmas in August! But now I’ve got to cut, solder up, and connectorize 12 meters of neopixels and get them into this possibly undersized extrusion. And I’m out this weekend so it means I’ve got about 5 week-evenings free to do it.

I’ll be starting around 8PM Tuesday (that’s tomorrow) evening. It’s late notice, but even an extra pair of hands to hold stuff would be helpful…

1 Like

I will be there, going to airbrush at 7 but free after that

Awesome - see you tonight!

Maybe one day we can challenge TheLab.ms to a game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oops! Totally didn’t mean to delete that post.

Neopixels are almost there! Thanks @mreynolds - couldn’t have gotten this far without the help!

They’ll be…in Alpha stage tomorrow. Be gentle with your judgement…

3 Likes

Did you put the pixels is an aluminum channel yourself ?

Yes we did! Bought the channel off Amazon.

After lots of troubleshooting signal issues with Art’s help, they seem to be (somewhat) working. Lots of band-aids and no fancy effects though.

Next month will be much better.

Just an update: After a…less than desirable result last time, I’m back on the horse.

My mission now is to put the neopixel-driving on a Pro Mini and do the rest of the controlling on a Mega. This’ll solve a lot of the issues if I can get them to talk fast enough… Fingers crossed!

1 Like