Art, photo, misc framing with Christmas coming

Sorry … thanks for the slap down…I’ll flag myself for sarcastic off-topic …with you that’s 2, just need one more.

1 Like

no biggie Owen, just trying to steer this back to an offer to perhaps help my fellow Makers with their Christmas / holiday gifts if framing might be part of them.

I hear you Tom.

I don’t have anything right now, but I will see you if I do! Thanks for the offer to all the members.

1 Like

Marshall, here are a few quick phone pics of misc things that I’ve done - from basic to more involved(in no particular order)

Cubs patches and front page (I did 2 of these the day before Christmas)

Grateful dead concert posters and the couple’s tickets. The ticket artwork was done by children via a public contest.

This is an oil on canvas. Local doctor always chooses multiple layered frames for her artwork.

“photo” font - this was for a dog rescue group.Folks have the names of their grandchildren, etc cut in mats for photos.

Christening gown, with poem embroidered into the bottom of the shadowbox.

7 Likes

These are all awesome.

@TLAR do you know what font this is?

The font is more or less clip art on one of my CMC’s and not sure what it is on the other CMC
CMC = computerized mat cutter.

What do you have in mind?

2 Likes

Thank you for saving me the effort to translate the acronym!

1 Like

I like thick fonts that I can use as clipping masks. This looks ideal for that usage.

Owen,

Here are a couple of pics of shadowboxes I did about a week ago. The 6" deep boxes are made from walnut plywood with walnut face frames splined to the carcasses (no these were not made at the DMS).
Framing material with a rabbet over 4" deep is not readily available.

box before guitars

3 Likes

Those are nice Tom. But yah they are really deep. With shoes in there, I’m thinking maybe 3” thick would be ok, maybe 2” would be miiimum.

2 Likes

measure the height of the shoes and add a little - you don’t want the shoes or any or the items to come in contact with the glass.

2 Likes

Owen (others) if you want to complete something more involved (shadowbox) as a gift for this Christmas etc…you definitely will want visit my store some evening soon to get the ball rolling.

This is not something to leave to the last minute on the last day

2 Likes

Angela and I will be there Wednesday.

sounds good,
please make it close to 6pm or later

the easiest landmark is the O’reilly auto parts store next the our building

Going west on FM407, you’ll pass the railroad tracks and it’s on your left. If you get to the light at Highland Village Road where the DQ and Chick-fil-A is then you’ve passed it.

1 Like

It will be 6 or after. T Looking forward to it.

Jeff Whitcomb
2100 Bowling Green
Denton, TX 76201
800-969-9368
cell-903-203-9463
“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

Heading in your direction in about 15.

It was nice meeting you at the shoppe

Where is your store located? That helps me figure out when I can do it.

FM407 west of I35E in Lewisville

1 Like