Are you a real Texan?

Ok folks is Pecan pronounced Puhkaan or Peecan??

The answer is: Pecan

because every Texan knows a PeeCan is something you take with you on a long trip. CHEERS!
pecan

3 Likes

Or this…

4 Likes

Well… You might catch me with that but I don’t think any of my kids would fall for it. :rofl:

But then none of my kids were born in Texas.

Russell Ward

1 Like

Well, bless her heart…

1 Like

Incorrect. Real Texans are defined by the exclusion of beans from any and all chili. Also if you make a steak well done I’m recommending you for relocation to Oklahoma

8 Likes
3 Likes

+1 No beans.

3 Likes

It’s pronounced Peimage

And I’ve told Arby’s that on their stupid FB ads. A pee-can is what you use on a road trip when you don’t want to stop the car.

5 Likes

If you ever find yourself abroad in a group of drunken and quasi-melodious Europeans demonstrating songs of their cultural heritage and asked to do the same… well you can’t go wrong with Deep in the Heart of Texas or Rodney Carrington’s The Beer Song.

1 Like

I continue to assert this. Mom and Dad and four kids when I was young, my mother added everything she could to stretch the chili as far as possible. Beans, onions, fritos, cheese, everything she could get us to eat. I’m a real Texan.

I’m a Native Texan. You know what, I’m proud of it too.

2 Likes

Not only a native Texan, but a native Dallasite. But I prefer beans in my chili. Along with cheese and Fritos if at all possible.