Are there any bandsaws at the space that can cut both wood and (thin) brass?

Yea so it’s just like eating an apple, if you shove it in someone’s mouth it doesn’t help them eat it faster, you have to let the teeth do the work before you put any more in, the blade should just eat away the material and you guide the piece through you shouldn’t be forcing it into the blade cause that’s a horrible way to eat an apple

1 Like

no. you don’t adjust the bandsaw. you adjust the person. Pushing hard is stupid and dangerous. We have a note on our bandsaw in the machine shop which reads “Let the blade do the work”. it takes what it takes and in the end the blade is still intact and the cut is still made. Wood should be even easier. So just be patient people.

2 Likes

Hmm…interesting. I never really push on the wood unless it just doesn’t seem to be cutting. I was resawing a piece of wood for this project and had to push with I’d say moderate force on it to make any progress in the cut. Not sure if the teeth are dull or what but had I not pushed it wouldn’t have made any progress.

Sounds like you’re doing it right then, which I wasn’t ever suggesting you werent, but lol you are correct you so have to push the wood into the saw blade I should revise my statement to say let the teeth do the work as you encourage them to with mild to
Moderate forward pressure

That’s the key, cause I don’t think it’s intentional inpatience I just thing it’s someone with a big tub full of logs and they wanna just get them processed into blanks and 50 cuts into it they get a little hasty and they just increase the force more and more so I don’t think it’s people being impatient cause they don’t want to take the time to do it right I just think it’s
People wanting to get hours worth of processing done in 20 mins